In my previous posts, I discussed some of the challenges that a serious online Entrepreneur will encounter on his/her way to success. The last post How to choose an online business, gave useful suggestions on how a newbie can choose the best business to start online. Today, I want to go a step further by providing a launch pad for those that are still confused on which type of business they should embark on (despite all that have been written on the subject).
Start a blog. Start it now. Yes, the easiest way to start an online business is by starting a blog. If you want a definition, here is one “A blog is a weB log. It is simply an online journal or diary where you write anything and everything, it all depends on you” It is yours. You have the freedom to make it your private turf, your private closet (open to selected few) or a public dump-ground (everyone is welcome). It all depends on your taste and passion 😉
Why should you start your online business with a blog? – The answer is simple
1. It is free – You can start a blog with zero capital. There are several companies online that will host your blog free of charge. Foremost among them and one of the simplest to use is Blogger.
2. No previous knowledge required – Most of the blogging software available are very easy to use, you don’t require any knowledge than the ability to read and follow simple instructions. You will be pleasantly surprise that you can have a very beautiful blog, professionally designed without knowing a single line of computer-code. (I just started getting serious with html)
3. You can open multiple blogs to test multiple ideas – So you shouldn’t be afraid of an idea failing. This is a unique feature of blogs. You can open (free of charge) several blogs to test different ideas. For example, open a blog and write about your daily activities. Express your feelings and freely jot down any thought that flows through your mind in the course of the day (if you are the shy type, you can register with a nickname so that your postings can be done anonymously). Start another blog to cover your hobby e.g. write about your favorite sport or game. Start another one to write about your family and friends (Don’t use real names and address until you are sure you know what you’re doing). Start another one to ….. The important things is just blog about whatever you find interesting.
4. Blogging brings out the creativity in you – You will be amazed at the kind of creativity that has been lying docile within you all this while.
5. Organizing your effort is automated – The blog software has been designed to help you organize your writings such that articles discussing similar topics are arranged into the same categories. Also, all articles are arranged into monthly and yearly archives, for easy retrieval.
6. A friendly community – Blogging easily integrate a newbie into the online community. There are thousands of newbie opening new blogs. So you will not feel inferior and it doesn’t take a whole day to make friends online. There are people online that are on the look-out for newbie like you and they will gladly offer you tips on how to go about whatever activity you want to be engaged in online (I am one of them). You don’t have to compete with anyone. Your blog is treated as a unique entity just like you. This is quite encouraging for those that are timid.
7. Progress can easily be measured – Unlike traditional websites that requires gurus to monitor and explain their success; blogs success can easily be measured with free tools. If you have two blogs and one of them have 1,000 visitors in a month, while the other records only 5 visitors, you can easily decide which one you need to focus more attention on.
After blogging for fun for about a month, you will be able to pick out the blog that you are really passionate about. You can either closed down the other blogs or start paying less attention to them. Assuming you started only one blog, you will still have learnt whether you want to continue with the topic you started the blog with or you have discovered a new topic you feel more passionate about. Now that you have chosen your favorite blog, it is time to learn all you can about making the blog a site that draws traffic. A good place to start is by reading Lee’s Make Money Online blog.
I guess you have a handful of tips you need to try out. See you at the top. If you have any question, you can use my contact form to get it across. I am prepared to give all the help I can 🙂 (free of charge) If you enjoyed this post, drop a comment. Subscribe to my RSS so that you can get updates to this article. Cheers.