Too many potential online entrepreneurs are waiting and praying for someone that sees tomorrow to tell them the perfect business that will turn them into a millionaire. They want to know the perfect business so that they will do it just right the very first time and become instant success.
Well, there is no such thing. Go ask the next door successful entrepreneur in your neighborhood, he will most likely tell you that:
- Success comes from making good decisions (even a fool knows that)
- Good decisions comes from good judgment (nobody will dispute that)
- Good judgment comes from experience (I thought it is luck!)
- Experience comes from several bad judgments (I don’t want to agree with that !???)
Welcome to reality. You need not be afraid of making bad judgment or failing! The only way to know if something will work is to try it! This does not mean you should foolishly and consciously start seeking for opportunities to make bad judgment. Rather it means you should seek for opportunities to succeed and try them. If they work, you have added to your experience, if they turn out as failure, you have learnt “how not to do business” 😉 and that will be an addition to your wealth of experience as an entrepreneur.
Several self-made entrepreneurs have offered guidelines that can help one in choosing the right business. I will share five with you.
- Find your passions – The greatest motivator you need in business is your Passion. So choose a business that you are passionate about. A business that has to do with something you are enthusiastic and excited about. Are you a football fan, then don’t waste your time trying to sell boxing stuffs, you’ll do better selling football accessories (just a tip, some can easily adapt).
- Capitalize on your natural strengths – It is a fool that agrees to compete in an area he is naturally weak. Ask yourself this simple question “What do I do better than most people?” Your answer will most likely show where your natural abilities lies. Examine the list and choose one that you feel is the best. (Don’t be afraid of making a mistake, you can always come back to choose another among the list). Choosing a business that will take advantage of your natural strength gives the advantage of you playing in your home-turf. You stand a better chance of succeeding.
- Create Value – People are willing to exchange their hard-earned money for value. What people term VALUE is solutions to their needs. The needs comes in various forms, e.g physical, emotional, imaginary etc. (It is not your job to tell the people what their need is, rather discover what they want and supply it. That guarantees patronage)
- Do a little investigation – Now is the time to act like a serious businessman. Having picked a business, don’t rush in until you’ve made a little research. Get informed about the market. Get to know something about the potential clients. do all you can to get well informed about the COMPETITION! (Trust me, you don’t want to start an online business only to discover one month after that the reason why you have made zero sales is because GOOGLE is your main competitor, 🙂 l0l. If you must compete with Google, at least know all you can about them.)
- Be Focused – Concentrate your effort on making the business successful. Do everything you can to proof the cynical critics wrong. Define your goal, write it down, repeat it to yourself daily.
Trust me, nobody can stop you from succeeding online, because nobody has a blueprint on how you can be stopped. Take a bold step, you have all it takes to succeed. If you’re really serious, check out some tips from Rajaie who write on how to make money online. See you at the top.
If you need any assistance, I will be glad to help. If you enjoy this post, drop a comment, subscribe to my feed or drop a note through my contact form. Cheers.