- Belief – You need to belief in yourself that you can do it. So many successful entrepreneurs were people written off as failures by the society. Some of the entrepreneurs making waves in the business world now had more hurdles to combat than you presently have. So be encouraged. (I will suggest you read bibliography of successful men, their testimonies will inspire you to succeed).
- Desire – Without a strong desire to succeed, temporary setbacks or hurdles will easily kill your dream.
- Goal – You must be able to state clearly, and in explicit terms the end result you’re aiming for. It is best if you write it down using unambiguous words and stating the time frame within which you desire to accomplish the goal.
- Plan – Of course you must have a blueprint to guide you in your endeavor. The blueprint should break the long-term goal into several milestones that can be easily worked on in short-terms. For example, the time frame for the Goal is a year, you may need to set monthly targets, weekly targets etc. This will help to keep you on track. You also need the blueprint for performance evaluation. After completing any of the set targets, you need to evaluate the result if it is what you set out to accomplish or less than. (Note, the blueprint need not be a static or rigid one, you should fine-tune it periodically as you acquire more knowledge about your goal).
- Passion – If you are not enthusiastic about a goal, it will be a sheer waste, spending your time and resources on it.
- Discipline – You have to keep at it until you achieve the set goal. Persistence is often what converts several failed attempt to a huge success story.
If you have good additions to above, do well to share them via the comment section. Cheers 😉